Monday, November 1, 2010

Making sense of it all without her

I haven’t posted in a while because I’ve been avoiding thinking.  If I didn’t have a job or have to feed the cats, there are many days that I just wouldn’t get out of bed.  What’s the point?  When I have something to laugh about or interesting to share, Andrea is not there to listen and it’s as if I’m dead inside.  I get up and start working at 6:00 because if I don’t I’m afraid that I’ll just curl up and die.  I’m all alone within myself without her.  I have little sense of direction because my point of reference is gone.  If it weren’t for planning for the future, I would have no direction at all.  You don’t realize how important someone is until they are gone… it’s as if I have no context.  God, how I wish I could have her back just for a minute so I could tell her how much I love and miss her. 

Don’t get me wrong – I am not on the verge of committing suicide and I don’t mean to be depressing, I guess the point is that planning my expat existence is the only thing that gets my blood going.  Am I planning a future or just planning on running away?  I hope I find out soon.  I am looking at making at least two trips next year (to Belize and Mexico) and I’m hoping that will help to focus my planning.  I’ll be looking at things differently when I travel this time.  I have a friend who used to live in Belize who will accompany me – it will be good to have an expert along to help interpret what I am seeing.

I have to go to the dentist soon and that has gotten me thinking about medical care abroad.  Maybe that will be the topic of my next research effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment