Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tough times...

I realized that I hadn't written in a while and figured I better get something down before I get out of the habit totally.  I am still struggling without Andrea.  I spent last Saturday in bed sleeping... I was just so emotionally exhausted that I couldn't do anything.  I've been pushing myself to the point where I just couldn't do any more and crashed.  I felt guilty at the time, but looking back it was what I needed.  The next day was very productive and I felt much better and had a lot more energy.

Well, my Belize trip is on for the end of February.  My plan is to rent a car and head south to Placencia and maybe as far south as Punta Gorda.  Then I will take my time going back north through Dangriga and back up to Belize City.  I would like to spend a couple of days on Ambergris Caye since it seems like a prime spot to relocate to.  From everything I have read, Belize City does not seem very appealing, so I doubt I'll spend much time there and instead will head north to the area around Corozal Town.
 
If I fly to Cancun and drive down (it's about a five-hour drive to Chetumal, which is across the border from Corozal Town) then it makes sense to save this area for last.  If we fly into Belize City, then I think it still makes sense to head south and make my way up the coast, take a ferry from Belize City to San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, take another ferry to Corozal Town and backtrack to Belize City for the flight home.
 
Either way, that's a lot of traveling to do in eight days, but it's only about a five hour drive from Corozal to Placencia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment