Tuesday, January 27, 2015

International Living... are they for real?

There are a lot of organizations out there that promote the expat life.  Some are good, some are bad, some are just plain useless... in my opinion.  Those last three words are key.  My needs may not be yours and each group has some value based on what you're looking for.

International Living, Live and Invest Overseas, Viva Tropical, Hemispheres Publishing, Tales from a Small Planet, Global Wealth Protection -- they all have something to offer depending on your needs.  Several offer conferences, books, special reports, VIP programs, etc., etc.  You have to pick and choose to find the right offering that fits where you are in your campaign to become an expat.

I attended the Panama conference offered by Live and Invest Overseas and was impressed.  I'm hoping that the Ecuador International Living conference will live up to its billing as well.  I was planning on visiting Ecuador anyway to do a general check out tour, so when this conference came up it fit my timing and the opportunity to meet with many expats already living there is a great opportunity.

I know... if they are expats extolling the virtues of their chosen country, will you learn any of the negatives?  Will you hear any horror stories of people who came, lived through a disaster and went back home?  I am not shy and will be asking those questions, so I'll let you know.  This is where doing your research, trolling the expat internet forums and having a healthy amount of skepticism will keep you on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment