Sunday, January 18, 2015

Back at it...

It's been a long, long time since my last entry and it's high time that I get back at it.

Life happens and sometimes gets in the way of the best of intentions.  In my case, I started dating again, moved to be closer to the new object of my affection, changed jobs, broke up with my new girlfriend, moved again, broke my hip, began dating again and just ended that relationship.  Wow.

So, I am substantially healed from hip replacement surgery, bounced back from a couple of broken relationships and continuing to seek out that perfect retirement place abroad.  I am planning a trip to Ecuador for the International Living conference February 5-7 in Quito, Ecuador.  I am flying into Guayaquil on January 30 and spending a few days exploring the coast from Jama to Salinas, including Manta, Canoa, San Lorenzo, Ancon and many points in between.

But before I get to the details of that trip, let me just say that despite all the twists and turns of life, I'm doing well and trying my best to enjoy and learn from all those twists and turns.  I remain great friends with both women I dated and I chalk that up to being older and wiser (just turned the big Six Oh).

I'll do several posts on my pre-trip planning and then provide full conference details when I return.  I also plan to finally give a full account of the Live and Invest in Panama conference, which was really great.  I am still very high on Panama, but want to check out a few other places like Ecuador, Costa Rica and maybe Mexico before making a choice for my retirement location.

I am also actively working on plans for a retirement income, wherever I may end up.  I have come up with a number of portable income ideas and will do some writing on that as well.  I have a lot to say and I don't know that anybody is actually reading this, but it really helps me to get my thoughts on paper, sort them out and refine my ideas.  Some of the other topics I would like to write about are international investing, travel planning, managing your health, photography and many other things that may pop into my little brain.

So, here we go.  Next up...  planning for Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment