Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Heading to Key West in August...

I need some downtime to relax and just kick back.  So I'm headed to Key West for five days at the end of August.  I thoroughly enjoyed flying on SeaCoast Airlines last time so I'm going with them again.  If you fly down at the beginning of the week and back before the weekend you can fly each way for $99.00; you can't beat it.  On top of an inexpensive fare, you fly at a low altitude and hug the coast until you hit the Everglades so you can see turtles, rays and sharks in the Gulf below.

Last time I stayed with my friends John and Bonnie and I met up with them at Siesta Key this last weekend as well.  This time I will be staying with Craig and Joyce.  Craig has promised we will go bug hunting (catching lobsters, for the uninitiated) and I look forward to picking both their brains about my eventual trip to Panama.  Craig and Joyce both lived there back in the early 90's and still have friends there.  They can tell me the best places to look and what to avoid.

I'll have to make a list of folks I need to see while I'm down there.  There are several former guest house owners, a couple of bar owners and folks in the sail/dive/fishing industries I need to look up.  Last time I got to see photographer Alan Maltz at his shop on Duval Street.  Alan is an amazing photographer who did the photo shoot for our first brochure for Duval Gardens B&B.  If it weren't for Alan and his ideas to make the property photos really pop, I'm not sure we would have done as well as we did our first couple of years.

In the mean time, I still have tickets on hold with Delta.  I wish Delta's system were more like American's.  At least with American you can tell when the hold will expire.  I tried to place a new hold on a ticket to Casablanca, Rabat or Marrakech today but nothing was available.  If my hold expires tonight and I can't get a new ticket then I guess Panama will be my home for ten days in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment